Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  I am so grateful to be a mother.  Even on its most grueling, disgusting, and mind boggling day motherhood is still the most rewarding job ever.  The pay is lousy,but the perks are fantastic!!  Even though I go from one extreme to another on a daily basis (minute by minute is probably more accurate) all it takes is for one of my boys to say "thanks mom" or "I love you" or "please" and I'm good.  I'm so grateful.  My family gives me purpose.  

My mother once told me the older you get the smarter your mother becomes.  Wow!  My mother is a genius.  I love her very, very much.  She is an amazing woman and had to sacrifice a lot in order to raise her child the way she saw fit.  I am very grateful to her and I honor her.  I can't think of anything more difficult than to have to raise your child alone, but she did it .... and she did it gracefully.  Thank you Mom!!  I love you.

In Relief Society my husband was part of a trio who sang a special musical number just for Mother's Day.  They were wonderful.  They successfully reduced us all to a sobbing mess.  The song they sang is called "An Angel to Watch Over Me" by Sally DeFord.

    Lyrics:

    She watched by my cradle through long, sleepless nights
    She taught me to pray as she knelt by my side
    She guarded my childhood, and all through the years
    She echoed my laughter, she counted my tears
    In the arms of my mother, I came to believe
    That God sent an angel to watch over me

    She taught me the meaning of courage and faith
    She taught me to live with the Lord as my strength
    She taught me to follow the pathway he marked
    She guided my steps when the journey grew dark
    And I know there were dangers that I could not see
    But God sent an angel to watch over me

    She taught me to serve with a spirit that sings
    She taught me to seek after heavenly things
    And because of her love and her kindness and care
    Because of the place that I hold in her prayers
    And because of her goodness, I still believe
    That God sent an angel to watch over me 

4 comments:

Gabaldon said...

Happy Mother's day to you! Your a wonderful women & I'm so glad I've gotten to know you:)

Sam, Leif, Nate did a wonderful job, loved the song they sang!

Nick and Jen said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's day! You are an amazing mother with amazing children! Isn't it so true that your mother does get smarter as you get older. I rely on mine for a lot!

Sunday's where the guys sang were my favorite. They are so good. I love the words! Sad that I missed it!

So you guys are moving to Dry Fork? Did you buy a home? I love Dry Fork!

The McClellan Clan said...

hello darlin, I found you!!! Small blogging world isn't it. I guess thats what you get for living in Vernal. Hey mines private, so send me your email at jocelynmcclellan@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite. I'm glad Ross' test turned out okay!! Good luck with everything.

amanda said...

Hey Holly! What a great surprise! I am so glad that I can know what you are doing because I have been wondering!!!